When: February 1, 2020 from 10:00 am – 2:00pm.
Where: Island ConnectED @ 4355 Jingle Pot Road (use main front entrance)
Why: To connect with organizations providing science outreach and activities in our community. Fun for the whole family!
- Make flying creations – Explore the properties of lift and drag in NS3’s wind tunnels!
- Build with KEVA – Build towers, bridges and more!
- Enjoy all the exhibits in NS3’s Science Studio
- Engineering challenges with APEG
- Touch Tanks – Discover some of Nanaimo’s amazing ocean critters with Seaquaria
- Owl talk – Visit with the owls from the North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre
- Learn about fishing with Fishing for Fun
- LEGO building with Brick Masters Academy
- The Raptors will be here with a friend or two
Admission is by donation (suggested donation $5/person) – proceeds support NS3 outreach activities.
Light concession on site.
Please keep in mind parking will be limited. We encourage carpooling, being dropped off, public transportation or walking if possible. There will be some parking along the side streets and off Labieux Rd as well as on the other side of the highway with access to the pedestrian walkway. Thank you for your understanding!